Xcel Energy Gas/Electric Customers
Our Xcel Energy Conservation Improvement Program is designed to target higher usage Xcel gas and electric customers in the Twin Cities East Metro area. We help homeowners and, in some instances, renters. This program is free of charge to qualified households. We recommend calling our office with questions.
Our service area spans the East Metro, covering the entire counties of Ramsey and Washington, and includes some communities in Anoka, Chisago, and Dakota Counties. If you meet the guidelines for Energy Assistance, you may qualify for our program.
We work with experienced energy auditors from the Neighborhood Energy Connection, who provide a free Whole Home Energy Inspection that includes a blower door test, attic and wall insulation inspection and health and safety analysis. We target homes that are most in need of energy improvements and prioritize those improvements that will most significantly lower a home's energy bills.
Depending on each household’s needs, we may:
- Replace the furnace/boiler
- Replace an old refrigerator or freezer with new energy-efficient model
- Insulate the house to keep cold drafts out and keep heat in
- Replace water heaters
- Replace an old window air conditioner with a new energy-efficient model
- Install new compact florescent bulbs in lighting fixtures
- Show you other ways to save on home energy costs